Monday, July 28, 2008

Vegas VayCay: Part I


Sunday 7/27/08

4:30 PM_ It’s official! Vacation has begun. It started today with getting ready on the home front to leave. We sure will miss the kitties, but I am glad they have each other. We decided to leave earlier than expected so we could stop and get some lunch. It only took us two hours to arrive at GSO Airport. Now we have a little bit of a wait until we actually depart but that is what you get when you go for the cheap seats. Chuck and Emily are having fun checking out the airport and people watching. I need to sign off now and use my time wisely. I still have a term paper to write, well actually two more.

Sunday 7/27/08

9:45 PM_ We arrived in Houston about 8:00. Emily survived her first plane ride, but due to a slight cold her ears did not like the descent. I have never been to this airport or Texas for that matter! I will be here till about 11:45PM. Yep, you guessed it our flight is delayed. So when they say “Everything in Texas is Bigger” they mean it! And layovers are included, apparently. So we strolled to the shuttle monorail, and on to our gate, and I found electricity, so I could continue to work on my paper and this blog, But I decided not to spend the $7.95 for 24 hours of Internet use, because it will force me to pick apart the my already downloaded resources for my research paper. I am easily detracted and would have wanted to spend my $7.95 on facebook, twitter, updating my blog, and consuming my many RSS feeds! Taking the time to write this update is enough to keep me off task.

SO I am back... 1hour and 40 minutes to go! Emily is people watchin’ and messing with her split ends. Chuck is reading a book, I know shocking! And I am blogging, reading my articles and fleshing out that outline, all while listening to one of my many playlists. Ah technology, its great if you want everyone around you to leave you alone, but even this lover of everything techno can see how it keeps us from connecting face 2 face with those around us.

Monday 7/28/08

We got here early this morning around 1AM and to our hotel/room by 2AM. SO it was brush your teeth and say good night! It is now 8ish Vegas time and my sleeping beauties are still sleeping. I am a morning is every timezone, so I am itchin’ to get going!Got the computer working…with some troubleshooting involved…seems to be the story of my life. Getting ready to call my Grandma and set a plan for later this evening. We are going to explore “The Strip” today. More updates later!

1 comment: